Title: Planning for the Family: Guardianships, Trusts, and More
(1.5 hour CLE)
Date: May 8, 2018
12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Location: Barnes and Thornburg
11 Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Thousands of students in Indiana have special needs and therefore need to have special plans put in place. Parents, loved ones, and the person with special needs need to be made aware of what the options and necessary plans consist of when planning for the present and future. This course provides an overview of Guardianships, Special Needs Trusts, and the Indiana ABLE program.
- What is a Power of Attorney and when is it an appropriate choice?
- What is a Guardianship and when is it an appropriate choice?
- What is a Special Needs Trust and why might I want/need one?
- What is the INvestABLE Indiana Program?
- How does state of the parental relationship factor into this planning?
- Jennifer Bays Beinart, Bays Family Law
- Amy Corbin, Executive Director of Indiana ABLE Authority
- Elizabeth A. Homes, Law Office of Elizabeth A. Homes, LLC
Cost: $45.00 ($30.00 for attorneys who agree to donate 5 pro bono hours assisting families through the Joseph Maley Foundation
Questions: Contact Mary Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.727.5927