On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 the Joseph Maley Foundation JMFamily Advocacy program will host a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) on Special Education Laws: What Attorneys Need to Know to Assist Families with Special Education IEPs.
Thousands of students in Indiana qualify for special education services. This CLE gives attorneys a deeper look into special education, and provides tips for families of children with unique educational needs.
This 1.5 hour CLE will take place from 12:00-1:30 PM at Barnes & Thornburg, LLP (11 S. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46204) with registration beginning at 11:45 AM.
The following topics will be addressed during the CLE:
- Basic legal framework
- Evaluation, identification, and classification
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- The Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Procedural Safeguards, notices and process rights
- Practical tips for Case Conference Committee (CCC) meetings
The presentation will be conducted by:
- Marcia Mahony, Staff Counsel, Kightlinger and Gray, LLP
- Leah Seigel, Associate, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
Cost is $45.00 or $30.00 for attorneys who agree to donate five pro bono hours assisting families through the Joseph Maley Foundation.
Register today here.
Questions? Contact Mary Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.727.5927.