The premier Indianapolis 5K is back and better than ever on Saturday, July 15, 2017. Start and finish on the Michael A. Carroll Stadium Track at IUPUI and run through the streets of scenic downtown Indianapolis while supporting the Joseph Maley Foundation mission, “serving children of all abilities.” Whether you are looking for an engaging event for your entire family to enjoy together or plan to compete for the USA Track and Field Indiana 5K championship, this 5K has a place for you.
The JMF 5K Run, Walk, Roll features an elite start option for men who can complete the course in under 18:00 and for women who finish the distance faster than 21:00 and offers an open start where everyone is welcome. JMF offers an untimed 1.5-mile course that individuals are welcome to roll or walk, but the full 5K-course is open to all participants.
After you finish running, walking, or rolling enjoy live music, treats from Dairy Queen, a kiddie dash, face painting, and a host of other family-friendly activities.
Full event details and online registration are available here: https://secure.qgiv.com/event/2017jmf5krunwalkroll/
- 8:00 AM Elite Race Start (sub 18:00 men; sub 21:00 women);
- 8:30 AM Open Event Start;
- Run or roll the competitive chip-timed 5K course or choose to walk the course untimed;
- Fast downtown asphalt course (check out the course map here);
- Family-friendly activities, music, and treats on-site;
- Registration must be received by June 28, 2017 to guarantee you receive a t-shirt in your selected size, and have the option to order a dri-fit performance shirt;
- All proceeds benefit the Joseph Maley Foundation’s mission and programs.
- Children 12 and Under: $15.00
- Students 13 to 21: $25.00
- Adults 21 and Over: $35.00
- Online registration closes July 14 at 11:59 AM.
- Registration is available on-site July 15 beginning at 7 AM.
- Pre-event packet pick up takes place on Thursday, July 13 from noon to 8 PM and Friday, July 14 from noon to 7 PM at the Joseph Maley Enrichment Center (7128 Lakeview Parkway West Drive, Indianapolis, IN, 46268).
- $1,750 total prize money available.
- Packet pick up is available day of event beginning at 7 AM.
- Secure bag check is available on-site.
Interested in past years’ photos and results? Check these out: