Using puppets to teach acceptance and respect for all
Joseph Maley Friends brings compassion to life through child-sized puppets. Our puppet troupe is made up of talented eighth grade students from central Indiana schools. It utilizes the gifts of children to teach children, which provides an environment where discussion is contingent on the interaction between the puppets, puppeteers, and the audience.
The Joseph Maley Friends Puppet Troupe teaches the importance of acceptance and respect for everyone. With each skit, there is a question and answer component during which the audience can ask the puppets about the topics presented. The puppets break down barriers, and offer children a relaxed setting to ask questions.
Performances are often used to introduce disABILITY Awareness weeks at schools. The puppet troupe also supports the unique needs of organizations, performing at local hospitals, events, camps, and for other nonprofits.
Currently puppeteers perform skits related to the following topics:
- Autism – Adopted through the generosity of the Schommer Family
- Bereavement – Adopted through the generosity of the Schommer Family
- Bullies & School Safety
- Cerebral Palsy
- Childhood Cancer
- Children’s Mental Health/ADHD – Adopted through the generosity of the Lemen and Seebeck Families and our 2014 Fall Luncheon guests
- Down Syndrome – Adopted through the generosity of Down Syndrome Indiana
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders – Adopted through the generosity of the Lemen and Seebeck Families and our 2014 Fall Luncheon guests
- Healthy Eating: Combatting Childhood Obesity – Adopted through the generosity of St. Maria Goretti School
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Learning Disabilities
- Multiculturalism – Adopted thorugh the generosity of St. Monica School
- Siblings with Disabilities
- Spina Bifida – Adopted through the generosity of Trends International
- Visual Impairment
- Tourette syndrome
For more information, please submit the inquiry form below or contact Assistant Director of Programs, Allison Boyll (firstname.lastname@example.org)