Empowering individuals to make service a part of their lives
There is an intrinsic value found in serving others. The Joseph Maley Foundation offers Service Day to connect individuals of all ages and abilities to service opportunities within their community. There are occasions for children to learn about the importance of service during the school day, for families to serve together, and for businesses to make an impact serving in their community.
In the school setting, Service Day offers curriculum that aligns with Indiana Department of Education state standards for preschool through high school. JMF works with educators to train them to incorporate service-learning lessons and objectives in their classrooms. The program is menu-based and completely customizable for each partner school. Service Day participants have the opportunity to:
- participate in a service project either within the classroom or at an offsite nonprofit;
- engage with classmates in lessons geared towards community involvement;
- listen to leaders from community organizations speak on their experiences;
- read and discuss books about giving, empathy, and making a difference;
- reflect on their experiences to realize the impact they can have in their community.
JMF tailors Service Day for families, businesses, and organizations.
The Joseph Maley Foundation collaborates with dozens of central Indiana nonprofits through the Service Day program. Nonprofits have the opportunity to join our Service Circle. Service Circle members become true partners invested in the success of the program and are guaranteed five or more annual opportunities to host volunteers from JMF. Check out our Service Circle Members.
For more information, please submit the inquiry form below or contact Curriculum and Service Programs Director, Jane Seib (firstname.lastname@example.org).