Each July, the Joseph Maley Foundation community gathers to support children of all abilities at our annual Run, Walk, Roll. Whether you enjoy the on-field activities with your family, or test your skills on the course, the event engages individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. This year offers an added layer of excitement, as the Joseph Maley Foundation celebrates ten years of impact in 2018.
If you need further motivation to join us, in person or in spirit, we’ve pulled the top ten reasons you should Run, Walk, Roll with us this year.
10. The morning kicks off with a powerful rendition of the National Anthem performed by Board member Dr. Eric Yancy. He’s a fan favorite every year.
9. In celebration of our ten years of impact, we’ve added a new 10-mile course. Participants will enjoy traveling along the White River and the downtown Canal loop.
8. Board member and volunteer Stacie Hernandez offers, “The Run, Walk, Roll is a great family event! Our family has been participating in this event since the beginning, and we wouldn’t miss it. Some of us run, some of us walk, and all of us volunteer to help with the event in some capacity.”
7. Free Dairy Queen treats. The perfect morning snack!
6. Visit the Body One Physical Therapy tent for a post-race massage and stretching.
5. This is Indy’s fastest road race! Professional runner and trainer Anna Weber shares, “This race represents everything that is good about the Indianapolis running community, such as a supportive, all-inclusive atmosphere with an attention to detail for athletes who are aiming for a PR.”
4. Before, during, and after the race, everyone in the family can enjoy the activities at our Junior Board Kiddie Area. The little ones can race against a Junior Board member in the Kiddie Dash, followed by a round of face painting.
3. See our run2gether crew and captains in action while you cheer them on to the finish line.
2. Visit our merchandise tent and purchase your vintage Joseph Maley Foundation swag. Baseball hats, water bottles, and polos galore!
1. Support Joseph Maley Foundation’s mission, “serving children of all abilities.” Funds raised at this event support five programs that engender compassion and respect for all.
We will see you on July 14 as we Run, Walk, Roll! Register online today to make a difference in the lives of individuals of all abilities.
Written by: Courtney Basso, Events and Communications Manager