1.5 Hour CLE Presented by JMF Co-Founder, John Maley
Legal Ethics in Special Education Work
This course is geared toward attorneys assisting students and families with special education needs confront legal ethics issues unique to the subject area and context. This informative program will address several common issues.
- Rule 4.2 ex parte communications: When is the school “represented”?
- Attorney-client privilege: how to preserve privilege in this setting
- Who is the client when the student turns 18?
- Meritorious claims and contentions: how to handle unrealistic client expectations
- Discipline issues in the special education setting
- John Maley, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
Date: November 21, 2019.
Time: CLE begins at 12:00 Noon and will conclude at 1:30 PM
Location: Barnes and Thornburg, LLP 11 South Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana Indianapolis IN 46204
Beverages provided, “Brown Bag Session” please bring your lunch.
Cost is $45.00 ($30.00 with the commitment to five hours of pro bono services through the Joseph Maley Foundation’s Family Support program). Register online here.
Questions: Contact Liz Freisen at Liz.Freisen@JosephMaley.org or 317.721.8043