This 1.5 hour Continuing Legal Education course focuses on Navigating Special Education Laws: A Primer for Indiana Attorneys.
Thousands of students in Indiana need special education, and special education laws are a complex matrix of legal rights and procedures. This course is the first in a series of four and provides an overview of Special Education Law.
- Basic Legal Framework
- Evaluation, identification, and classification
- The Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Procedural Safeguards
- Implementation of a student’s program
- Jonathan Sundheimer, Associate, Barnes & Thornburg
- Leah Seigel, Associate, Barnes & Thronburg
Registration starts at 11:45 AM on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at Barnes & Thornburg LLP (11 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46204).
CLE begins at 12:00 PM and will conclude at 1:30 PM.
Cost is $45.00 or $30.00 for attorneys agreeing to give five hours of pro bono services to assist families.
Register today here.
Questions: Contact Mary Bowman at email@example.com or 317.727.5927.