Attorneys assisting students and families with special education needs confront legal ethics issues unique to the subject area and context. This informative program will address common issues such as:
- Rule 4.2 ex parte communications: When is the school “represented”?
- Attorney-clent privilege: how to preserve privilege in this setting
- Who is the client when the student turns 18?
- Meritorious claims and contentions: how to handle unrealistic expectations
- Discipline issues in the special education setting
- John R. Maley, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
- Donald R. Lundberg, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
- Karen Glasser Sharp, Director, Lewis & Kappes
Time: 12-1:30 PM
Cost : $45 ($30 for attorneys who commit to five hours of pro bono services through the Joseph Maley Foundation’s Family Advocacy program).