Helping to comfort families experiencing infant loss
Joseph Maley Foundation Program Manager Allison Boyll and her husband Andy lost their daughter Alivia to stillbirth at 32 weeks gestation. Love Remains was launched in Alivia’s memory to provide comfort and resources to families navigating the difficult journey of stillbirth and early infant loss. Family, friends, and healthcare workers can provide support to loved ones by purchasing resource bags.
With the help of select healthcare professional and input from bereaved mothers and fathers, careful time, consideration, and research was put into creating and curating the materials offered to comfort families. Love Remains resource bags are currently available to patients in many Indiana healthcare facilities, and individuals can request bags from the Joseph Maley Foundation.
Resource bags include two comprehensive folders, one with information and documents that families may find most helpful while still in the hospital, and a second one that is most helpful when a family goes home. The contents of the folders are customizable, but generally include:
- Autopsy, funeral/memorial planning, and cemetery information;
- Self-care resources;
- Information about photography services and commemorative experiences;
- Documents specific to fathers’ grief and support for bereaved children.
- Guide to obtain a certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth;
- Information on face-to-face, web, and telephone support groups and networks;
- Activities and events to honor your baby;
- Documents specific to grief of grandparents and siblings;
- Resources for subsequent pregnancy.
Notably, the bags contain a baby book specific to the experience of infant loss. A beautiful hand-made bracelet is also included to commemorate the baby. Finally, there is a notebook and pen so families have a place to collect their thoughts and organize information they receive.
For more information, please submit the inquiry form below, or contact Joseph Maley Family Support Associate, Gracie Poynter by email at email@example.com