Celebrating ten years of impact can not only be a rewarding experience, but a delicious one as well.
Our Power in Youth Junior Board have challenged our adult Board of Directors for yet another intense competition for the fourth annual Chili Cook-Off. The chili entries will be as varied as the creative themes each team brings to their table. So, in the spirit of “celebrating ten,” here are our Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Chili Cook-Off:
10. Spring will be here before you know it, so enjoy this chili weather while you can!
9. This is your chance to channel your (friendly) inner Gordon Ramsay and vote for your favorite chili entry.
8. “The themes on display are both energetic and fun. My prior teams have been the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Netflix and Chili, and both brought a neat twist to the competition.” – Casie Maexner, Ms. Chili 2017
7. Joseph Maley Foundation merchandise will be on sale all evening. Everyone needs a spring wardrobe update!
6. “The Chili Cook-Off is definitely one of the most fun ways to be a part of the Joseph Maley Foundation community and, of course, it tastes great at the same time!” – Junior Board President Isaac Hernandez
5. “[It’s an] amazing opportunity to taste the spectrum of chili possibilities prepared by multiple generations.” – Tom Spreacker, Board member and 2017 Best Chili and Judge’s Choice Winner
4. “This event showcases all the hard work our Junior Board members do every day to spread awareness and acceptance of all individuals.” – Mia Taskey, Power in Youth Director
3. The Chili Cook-Off is a fun way to meet other like-minded supporters, volunteers, and program partners.
2. “It’s a great way for the Joseph Maley Foundation members to display their cooking ability, creativity, and spirit for the foundation, all while enjoying delicious and diverse types of chili.” – Hunter Lang, Mr. Chili 2017
- You are supporting children of all abilities and there really isn’t a better reason than that!