1.5 Hour CLE
Navigating Special Education Laws: A Primer for Indiana Attorneys
Presented by Connor Reporting
Thousands of students in Indiana need special education, and special education laws are a complex matrix of legal rights and procedures. This course is the first in a series and provides an overview of Special Education Law.
- Basic Legal Framework
- The Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Evaluation, identification, and classification
- Procedural Safeguards
- Implementation of a student’s program
- Key case law
- Jonathan Sundheimer, Associate, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
- Leah Seigel, Associate, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
- Brian K. Jarman, Associate, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
CLE begins at 8:15 AM and will conclude at 9:45 AM.
Cost is $45.00 ($30.00 for attorneys who agree to donate five pro bono hours assisting families through the Joseph Maley Family Support Program). Register online.
Questions: Contact Liz Freisen at Liz.Freisen@josephmaley.org or 317.721.8043.