The Dr. Kosmas Kayes Educator’s Scholarship honors the legacy of Kosmas Kayes, Ed.D., a life-long educator, who was dedicated to improving the lives of others through learning. For more than forty years, Dr. Kayes served the state of Indiana as a teacher, administrator, and mentor – shaping the lives of countless individuals who continue his legacy of integrity and service through education. Dr. Kayes based his decisions first and foremost on the wellbeing of children, which encompasses the mission of the Joseph Maley Foundation (JMF), “serving children of all abilities.” On account of his vision that every person deserves a good education, and his belief that education can change lives, JMF is proud to honor Dr. Kayes and award a deserving teacher this scholarship.
- Be a classroom teacher in grades K-12;
- Serve as a mentor to other teachers and/or students inside and outside of classroom (i.e.: teacher who also mentors clubs, tutors children, coaches, etc.”;
- Be dedicated to the teaching profession;
- Contribute to the service of their students and school;
- Act as an advocate for students;
- Empower students to pursue their scholastic, creative, and/or professional interests;
- Engage with the profession because of their passion and calling to education;
- Find joy in teaching.
* Members of the Joseph Maley Foundation Board of Directors (and their family members) are not eligible for this scholarship.
To nominate an educator, please download the scholarship overview and nomination form located here.