As the academic year comes to a close, Junior Board welcomes new members and congratulates our graduating seniors.
It’s May, which means we are saying hello to our new Junior Board members and, sadly, saying “See you soon,” to our graduating seniors.
To our incoming members, I have just a few thoughts to share as you take these next steps with JMF.
- Be prepared to learn about yourselves and your comfort zones, especially as you begin to redefine what it means to be accepting of all.
- Get ready to see how your work with JMF will have an enormous ripple effect in our community.
- If you don’t already, learn to love and celebrate chili in all forms.
- Use your JMF journey to engage with a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
- Make sure you remember to find the fun in everything you do with Junior Board.
To our graduating seniors, I simply want you to remember a few things as you move into the next season of your life:
- The impact you had on the hundreds of JMF families and children you mentored and interacted with over the last four (or more) years.
- The community leaders you encountered through our Speakers Series and the volunteer opportunities you pursued with other nonprofit organizations.
- The friends you met through Junior Board membership and how they have had, and will continue to have, a positive influence on your life.
- The power that one person can have on the life of another. As you learned in We Step Up training, every person has the ability to be an upstander and advocate for others.
- And finally, you too should remember to find the fun and joy in everything you do.
From all of the staff at JMF, we say welcome, good luck, and especially thank you. You are planting seeds and growing miracles through the work you support at JMF.
Post written by:
Courtney Basso, Junior Board Director