It’s Spooky Season! What a fun time of year to get together with family and friends and get crafty with some fun, easy, inexpensive, and clever DIY Halloween decorations you can make yourselves and reuse year after year. Not only will you have yearly Halloween decorations ready to go, but you’ll also have cherished memories to look back on!
I grew up making these easy powder room product ghosts every year as a kid, and I still love making them. You can get endlessly creative, or keep them simple! Anyone can join in on the fun.
All you need is:
- Cotton Balls
- A marker
But if you want to get really creative and add some flair to your haunting figure, you could use tissue paper instead of kleenex; try subbing out ribbon or yarn for string (But save the floss! You might need that for your post trick-or-treat dental care); find glitter glue, googly eyes, stickers, rhinestones, construction paper – whatever you desire to personalize your ghost. You could even create your ghost over a lollipop to hand out to trick-or-treaters or friends.
Some things to keep in mind:
- These ghosts are better off inside. Try taping them to the inside of a window instead of keeping them outside where they are more susceptible to the elements.
- They can be hung individually, or on a garland. They can also be used as part of a scene against a backdrop for extra dramatic flair!
Here are some fun ideas we came up with to make your ghosts extra creative:
- Make them after your favorite character from a book, tv show, or movie
- Make your entire family of ghosts against a backdrop of a haunted looking version of your house
- Make them resemble your favorite sports team or athlete
Share your creations with us, and we will post them on our social media!
See the below pictures for step-by-step photos
Blog written and researched by Communications Associate, Lauren Maley